Last Updated: April 16, 2020
Website for the Chinese Draft Translation of Mary Baker Eddy’s Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures
- “Personal Data” means any information that We possess that can be used to distinguish or trace the identity of a Service visitor.
1. What information do We collect?
In order to provide You with access to the Service, We may gather and process some or all of the following information. Any of this collected information may include Personal Data.
Registration Information: any information provided when voluntarily registering for use of the Service, including, but not limited to, username, password, and email address.
Comments: any comments, suggestions, or edits related to the Translations or the Service submitted for consideration by Us.
Customer Service Communications: any information that is reported to Us about the operation of the Service, including bug reports or suggestions for enhancements, and any communications with You about Your Comments.
Audit Log Data and Aggregate Data: The Service collects information that helps Us to understand and manage an online community of visitors who are interested in improving the Translations and the Service by providing Us with Comments. This information includes Audit Logs that record basic information about Your interactions with the Service. These Audit Logs include the following information:
- Timestamp of request
- Session ID (transitory)
- Email address
- Location — the URL of the location on the Service that is being accessed
- Action taken — this does not include the details of the action, just the nature of the action taken. For example: that a search was performed or a citation was added to a list. Specific details about what was searched or to which list the citation was added is not captured in these logs.
- Time action took to execute
- Error code
- IP address
- Browser data:
- User Agent
- Referer – what site You previously came from
- Type of browser
- Name of browser
- Family of browser
- Company — browser maker (i.e. Google, Apple, etc.)
- Operating System (OS)
- OS Family
- OS Company
We also collect Aggregate Data through a third-party analytics service to help Us improve the Service. This data includes:
- Use of the dynamic table of contents and indexes
- Number of visits to each area of the site
- Timing information including login/logout timestamps, how long between actions taken, time per visit
- IP Address
- Geographical information
- Browser information
- Mobile device data including carrier, device, manufacturer
- Many others…
See sections Audit Log Data and Aggregate Data and Cookies, related electronic technologies, and how we use them below.
2. How do We use this information and for what purpose?
- Provide the Service and customer support.
- Verify Your identity.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Enforce Our Terms of Service or resolve disputes.
- Notify You about changes and updates to the Service.
- Customize, measure, and improve the Service content and layout (see section Audit Log and Aggregate Data).
We may also need to request specific information from You to help Us confirm Your identity and ensure Your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of Your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Additionally, We may use Your information as described below.
We ask for Registration Information in order to verify Your identity and to be able to communicate with you regarding Comments you submit.
We use Your email address as Your username for the Service. We respect the privacy of personal email accounts, and We will store Your name and email address securely. Your Registration Information will not be passed to unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes. We will use Your email address to send You messages about:
- Issues with the Service or Your account
- Comments you submit to the Service
- News about the Service and derivative works from the Service
- Any claims related to Your use of the Service, such as violating the Terms or infringing third-party rights
You may submit Comments through the Service, which We collect and consider in order to improve the Translations or for incorporation into the Translations. We may retain, in our sole discretion, all Comments, even if not used. For copyright purposes, we will also collect and retain the IP Address, session ID, and Your email address (if provided), as well as the date, and store this data with Your Comments, regardless of whether You register.
Customer Service Communications
Information, which is voluntarily submitted in the course of support or via feedback, is used for the purposes of reviewing this information and improving the Service. You are at no time under any obligation to provide such information. Where You provide it, We may use Your contact information to communicate with You about it. Otherwise, We will not use Personal Data from Your Customer Service Communications without Your explicit permission.
Audit Log and Aggregate Data
We use Audit Log Data to monitor the performance and successful operation of the Service. We may use Audit Log Data to troubleshoot issues that arise with the Service. Due to the size of these logs and Our desire to only hold on to data for the length of time it is useful, We only keep these logs for 14 days, with the exception of data we retain with Comments, as described above. Any Audit Log Data We retain beyond those 14 days is kept in summary form for statistical purposes and it is not associated with individual visitors.
3. To whom do We disclose Your Personal Data?
We will not sell, rent, or trade to any third party any of the Personal Data collected in Registration Data, Comments, Customer Service Communications, Audit Logs and Aggregate Data.
We will only disclose Personal Data:
- to Our service providers in order to provide You the Service, or
- to law enforcement or government authorities to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, or in the event We need to enforce the Terms or to respond to a legal action involving Your specific account.
Information collected by Us may be stored and processed in the United States where We and Our service providers maintain facilities. If you reside outside the United States, by using the Service, You consent to the transfer of information outside the country where You reside and/or from which You use the Service.
4. How do We protect Your Personal Data?
Although We encrypt Your password and encrypt the traffic between Our servers and Your browser, You should be aware that Internet communications are not always secure. Please consider this as You enter Your Data into the Service.
Also, keep in mind that Our security measures may be rendered ineffective if You fail to maintain the confidentiality of Your username and password. By using the Service, You accept full responsibility for any harm resulting from Your failure to maintain such confidentiality.
5. How long is Personal Data kept by Us?
We will retain Your information for as long as is necessary to:
- Provide the use of the Service
- Communicate with You regarding the Service or related products and services that We offer
- Comply with applicable laws, regulatory requests, and orders from competent authorities
- Enforce Our Terms
We store Your Registration Data for as long as You have an account with the Service. To remove Your Registration Data, use the Delete Account function in the Service. Be aware that using the Delete Account function is permanent and Your Registration Data cannot be recovered. However, the Comments and related data defined in the Comments section above, shall be preserved by TFCCS as the copyright owner, but You will no longer have access to such Comments and related data after You use the Delete Account function.
Customer Service Communications
Your Customer Service Communications may be stored indefinitely by the Service or Our service providers.
Audit Log Data and Aggregate Data
Audit Log Data is automatically deleted after 14 days.
Aggregate Data is stored indefinitely by the Service or our service providers.
6. What are cookies and related electronic technologies, and how do We use them?
"Cookies" are text files stored on Your computer or device that provide functionality for the Service and help the Service to gather Aggregate Data.
When You use the Service, We, or Our service providers may place or access persistent and session cookies, browser storage, and other tracking technologies to: (a) store Your username (i.e., email address), name, and any other account information that may be requested; (b) if you opt-in to Aggregate Data, to analyze the usage of the Service; and (c) customize the Service to Your preferences. Cookies may reflect anonymized demographic or other data linked to data You voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., Your email address, in hashed, non-human-readable form.
We use the following cookies in the Service:
- Cookie notice cookie – The Service places a cookie on the browser to note whether or not the visitor has clicked on the cookie notice banner.
- “Remember me” cookie – If a visitor selects the “remember me” option during login, this cookie is placed in the visitor’s browser. The cookie is detected by the Service and used to facilitate automatic login. Note that the “Delete Account” function does not delete the “Remember me” cookie, which will expire after 30 days.
- Session cookie – The session ID is used to maintain session state between the browser and the web server.
- Adobe Marketing Cloud tracking cookie – The Service uses Adobe Marketing Cloud to help collect and analyze anonymized behaviour data, which helps Us improve the Service. Adobe helps Us personalize and improve the performance of the Service. The information generated about Your use of the Service is transmitted to and stored by Adobe Marketing Cloud on servers in the United States. You may opt out of certain aspects of Adobe Marketing Cloud by following the instructions at this link: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
The Service also uses local browser storage. This storage is used to keep track of reading position within the book text. This data allows a visitor to close their browser, open it later, and return to the exact same position in the book text.
- bookScrollPosition (segment) – scroll location within a book segment
- closestLineOrVerse – stores the closest line or verse in that segment
- currentCitation – stores the citation of the current selected text
- segmentNumber – stores the current segment number
- ucname – stores the encoded name of the book
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but You can modify Your browser settings to decline cookies, or to alert You when cookies are being sent, by visiting the Help portion of Your browser’s toolbar. If You choose to decline all cookies, including functional cookies, please note that You may not be able to use all the features of the Service.
7. How far does Our responsibility extend?
8. Visitors from outside the United States
9. Visitors under the age of 18
Visitors to the Service must be 18 years or older. If it is learned that Personal Data has been collected from a registrant younger than 18, that Personal Data will be deleted from Our database as quickly as practical and the account will be blocked. If You are a parent and have questions about such information, email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. California Do Not Track (DNT) Disclosure
The Service responds to DNT signals. DNT differs from cookies. For more information about DNT, go to (https://allaboutdnt.com/). For information about cookies, please see the section above on “What are cookies and related electronic technologies, and how do We use them?”
11. No rights of third parties
13. What rights do You have and how can You contact Us?
If You would like to exercise Your right to view, correct, complete, or remove Your Personal Data, please contact Us at email@example.com. Upon verification of Your identity, We will attempt to quickly fulfill Your request.